Davidson, NC The Davidson Police Department passed out flyers informing Davidson North Carolina citizens of the new “Watch for Me-NC” efforts to increase pedestrian and bicycle safety.
The enforcement of state traffic laws and town ordinances include:
- passing a school bus while loading or unloading
- unlawful use of mobile telephones for text messaging or electronic mail
- vehicle driver violations of a crosswalk
- pedestrian violations of not using a crosswalk (commonly referred to as “jaywalking”) or
- crossing against a traffic light or crossing indicator.
So please drive safely around town.
Police statement ” We will begin with warnings to violators and then move toward issuing citations to violators. Fines ($25.00 up to $100,00) plus potential court costs ($188.00) for violating state law.”