While the market is closed, market manager Justin has arranged for you to be able to purchase directly from certain vendors. Click link for offerings.
DAVIDSON, NC Saturday mornings won’t be the same for some time as the Davidson Farmers’ Market announces it will postpone the spring market until May 2nd.
Market Manager Justin Burke-Samson explained the decision in an email to vendors Tuesday.
“Today, the Board and myself discussed our options with the Town of Davidson and with the recommendations of the CDC. We have concluded that it is not safe for DFM to operate the farmers market, that the last Winter Farmers Market on 3/21 will be canceled and that the 2020 Season will be postponed until Saturday May 2nd. This also cancels our all vendor meeting on 3/28.
Our decision was based on the following:
- The farmers market is located on Town property and we must follow the Town’s lead, which as of today have cancelled public meetings, events, and gatherings until further notice;
- As a nation, we are discouraged from gatherings of 10 people or greater;
- The number of shoppers we have with the markets location/boundaries creates a densely populated environment that cannot be controlled safely;
- DFM as an organization is not setup to follow the guidelines and recommendations to host a farmers market during this crisis, which includes but not limited to: vendors spaced 6 feet apart from one another, disinfectant stations, and running water for hand washing;
This decision was a difficult choice to make. As an organization, we have a responsibility to make sure that our vendors and shoppers are safe, first.
What does this mean moving forward and during the time the market is closed? DFM will now operate as a center of information for our vendors and shoppers, connecting the two to one another to ensure small businesses can continue to operate and that shoppers can have access to local and fresh produce and food.
Starting this week, and every week until we reopen, DFM will do the following:
- Gather weekly information from our vendors who are selling items at their farm stands and location of business, attending operating farmers markets, offering online orders, participating in offsite pick-ups, etc.;
- Keep a running list of open farmers markets in the area;
- Send weekly newsletters with the above information;
- Increase social media posts for updates, including specials and announcements from our vendors;
- DFM website serve as a center of information. “
As the Title sponsor of the market I will miss my Saturday mornings talking real estate and passing out info to folks checking out our community. May is not too far away. Thanks Clark.
Clark Goff – Allen Tate Davidson – Professional Real Estate Brokerage.
Let me show you how my team makes real estate transactions happen smoothly. The Spring Market is here. We have strategies to get your house shown and sold during these uncertain times. Folks are buying right now while rates are super low. Davidson had 16 properties go under contract in the last 7 days. Cornelius had 14. Mooresville had 54. Huntersville had 49.
Clark is the 2019-2020 Title Sponsor of the Davidson Farmers’ Market